Friday, January 7, 2011

Preparing to Move Overseas in South Korea

Where is my phone charger? I can't find a sweatshirt. Where is my computer charger? All these questions have been asked aloud, by myself, within the past hour. I guess this is what happens when everything that you own is boxed, bagged, and divided between two basements.


Steve and I are officially moved out of our little house that we have rented for the past year and a half! It feels good to be out! I feel so free with no home and no car to call my own! Many people work hard to have these things. At the current moment I am so happy to not be "tied down" to these possessions! Aside from all of the boxes and things that are in storage, we have only our 2 suitcases and carry on items that we will tote around and live out of for the next 11 days. For the next 11 days we will be staying in various locations as we try to spend quality time with as many people as possible. I fear that these 11 days will not be nearly enough time to spend and I know for sure that some people will be left out. It seems like when you want time to go quickly, it slows. Now as I have visiting to do and loose ends to tie up, I wish time would slow a bit, but instead it flies! It is like watching the last bit of sand fall to the bottom of the hourglass, as I watch the last few days in the states with family and friends slip by. It is bittersweet, of course, as i excitedly anticipate this adventure and sadly see friends and family for the last time (for 13 months). I look forward to seeing some friends tonight and enjoying the time that we have with them and more similar visits in days to come. My current situation has taught me two things that I will share: 1. truly cherish time spent with the people you care about and 2. be careful what items you keep in your house because someday you may be boxing it all up as you think to yourself, "why do I have/need all of this stuff"!

No comments:

Post a Comment